Adolescent Growth was a proud exhibitor and workshop sponsor at NCAD (National Conference on Addiction Disorders), held in Anaheim, CA, on September 21-25, 2013.
Not only did our staff provide information about Adolescent Growth at the conference, attendees from all over the nation taking part in NCAD had the opportunity for an on-site visit at Adolescent’s Growth LA facility.
Adolescent Growth Treatment Center Tour and Workshop
On September 21, following a tour and lunch at Adolescent Growth, NCAD participants took part in an exceptional workshop focused on how therapists can help families develop special tools to work with addicted adolescent loved ones. Therapists were introduced to solution-focused skills that families need in order to support a successful recovery.
Adolescent Growth Clinical Services Manager Justin Levin created and led this extremely valuable workshop for NCAD participants.
Justin is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, with in-depth experience and training working with troubled adolescents. Justin works with clients and their families through the various stages of positive change, using a solution-focused systemic approach. Adolescent Growth is extremely lucky to have Justin’s professional expertise and skills.
Important workshop points provided by Adolescent Growth expert
Justin’s understanding of what adolescents need, and how to go about it, were the basis for the highly useful takeaway points NCAD participants received at Adolescent Growth’s tour, lunch and lecture.
Important issues covered were:
- Building rapport with adolescents
- Neurobiological and developmental challenges in adolescents
- Importance of structure and accountability in adolescent recovery strategies
- Components of holistic treatment plans for teens
- How to help adolescents with dual diagnosis issues use individualized coping skill sets
- Recognizing the differences between guilt and shame, and how unhealthy family systems often target shame at the “identified patient” within the family system