Substance Abuse Treatment for Teens
Adolescents between the ages of twelve and seventeen are invited to begin or continue their recovery from substance abuse at Adolescent Growth. Our approach towards treating teens with substance abuse issues is built on a foundation of compassion and respect. We recognize that those who suffer from substance dependence often struggle with their commitment to recovery. It can take time to convince someone with an addiction that they are in need of help.
The effects of substance abuse on the family are palpable. Lies, secrets, discord, and deceit become common problems. Sufferers have trouble in school, with friends, and in extracurricular activities. Some even have trouble with the law. At Adolescent Growth, we treat the effects of substance abuse on both the individual and the entire family, so everyone can recover and heal from the effects of addiction.
Recovery from Substance Abuse at Adolescent Growth
Recovery is a process and healing takes time. At Adolescent Growth we treat every facet of substance abuse by helping the client identify triggers, learn healthy coping skills and achieve spiritual and emotional fulfillment without the use of drugs or alcohol.
Adolescent Growth is the leading adolescent substance abuse treatment facility in Southern California. Our goal is to offer affordable treatment to help the whole family heal from the suffering that results from the abuse of illegal or unhealthy substances.
Our Substance Abuse Services Services:
- Detailed drug history assessment
- Monitored random UAs
- Individualized treatment plans
- Psychiatric consultation and ongoing medication management
- Family sessions that have a holistic family approach
- Weekend Restoration Workshops for the family
- Parenting support groups
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- 12 step intervention
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Weekly CBT contract assignments
- Daily physical fitness
- Spiritual renewal
- Process and problem-solving group therapy
- Extensive educational materials
- Expressive therapy that includes creative art, dance and music
- Academic instruction and credit acquisition Monday through Friday
- Socialization and peer interactions
- Stress reduction and coping skills
- Step down program options of partial and IOP outpatient services
- Aftercare, follow up and relapse prevention program